Thursday, 30 October 2008

Love The Ones You're With


I am hanging out at my brother's place these days, which means I am spending a lot of time with Bethan (aged ten) and Mia (aged two)*.

I don't have a maternal bone in my body and yet I love the company of these kids. There isn't a television in the house so we spend our days drawing, reading, making things, playing games, going for walks, and dressing and undressing plastic 'babies'.

I can't think of a nicer way to pass the time.

Last night we all carved pumpkins for Hallowe'en. I've never carved a pumpkin before. It was brilliant.

Here is my pumpkin:



Miaow!

And here are all five finished creations, with a spooky see-through Bethan in the foreground. My brother's pumpkin is the one on the right (he's always been a bit flash):



Mia had a bit of help from Mum with the carving part but she enjoyed scooping out the goo singlehanded.

We're all going to go trick or treating dressed up as goths. There is considerable pressure on me from various nieces to dye my hair 'cyberpurple' for the occasion.

I'm tempted.

Happy Hallowe'en.







* and Fluffy the cat (aged four and a bit), of course.



2 comments:

Bulldog said...

I think the one on the left is sacriest (that's an anagram), and why the hell dont they have a tv!

Doris said...

LOL A psychology in pumpkins ;-) Niece's and nephew's can be great - I have my own kids and still adore my sister's. Being an aunt is pretty cool - especially if she might dye her hair outrageous colours.